Customer Service Representative- MROApply Job ID 40460 Date posted 04/21/2021
The Customer Service Representative – MRO reports to the Aircraft Services Manager or Director of Maintenance and is responsible for the review and planning of incoming work. They will serve as the customer point of contact on all assigned projects and provide support for estimates, approvals, and invoicing.
- Review quotes for accuracy and report any discrepancies to Service Manager/Sales (Create Checklist)
- Verify buildsheet vendors/quotes and report any discrepancies to Service Manager/Sales
- Create/Complete Aircraft Schedules on all projects over 100 hours to include multi department work scopes.
- Provide/assist manpower scheduling information to Service Manager for FIFO updating
- Ensure all forms of customer communication are performed as required by customer (i.e. scheduled conference calls, project status sheets, emails, etc.)
- Greet aircraft/crew upon arrival and departure
- Ensure all findings are communicated to the customer in a timely manner
- Ensure all work is approved prior to starting
- Develop/flow work scopes in SmartSheet (Project management)
- Complete aircraft status updates for each project
- Report project status to Service Manager daily
- Complete project debriefs and root cause analysis as required
- Coordinate work to be performed and assist with decisions concerning Chief Inspector, Service Manager, Project Supervisor and Crew Leads.
- Department Liaison (Service, Avionics, Interiors, NDT and QA)
- Assist Crew Leads to determine corrective actions needed for aircraft based on reparability and cost effectiveness to communicate to customer.
- Assist Crew Leads and Project Supervisors in making changes to project plan and implement the changes to mitigate risk.
- Mentor Leads on Corridor, i.e. estimates, parts, outside service, invoicing etc.
- Manage work order from financial stance ensuring minimum margins are maintained (estimates, approvals, invoicing)
- Ensure all work is approved in writing from customer, to include work authorization prior to starting
- Review hours applied vs bid on every project every day
- If hours are exceeded – determine if the flat rate needs to be adjusted and communicate that information to the manager (Root Cause then correct)
- If hours are exceeded and the flat rated hours are sufficient – communicate that information to the technician
- Work with parts department and crew leads on parts price and availability
- Ensure parts lists and costs are cost-effective and approved by customer
- Prioritizing, estimating and assist in completing to ensure minimum margins are maintained
- Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment.
- Support the team with all aircraft deliveries by:
- Ensuring invoice has been paid
- Delivering aircraft to customer (handle any customer needs)
- Conducting aircraft walk-around inspection prior to delivery
- Ensuring appropriate team members are present (dept. manager, crew lead, standby personnel)
- Assisting with follow-up phone calls to customers after departure
- Report to Service Manager/applicable manager any broken equipment
- Report any safety concerns/violations to management
- Perform other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust or jet engine noise. Must have ability to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language
- Regularly walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Frequently sit.
- Read and interpret safety rules, installation, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures.
- Write defect and repair statements.
- Perform simple math calculations and apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
- Report to work in a regular and timely manner.
- Write comprehensive reports, documents and correspondence
- Listen and effectively present information to and communicate with groups of customers, vendors and employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or Technical Degree Aviation Maintenance or Engineering discipline, or equivalent practical experience (preferred)
- FAA Airframe and PowerPlant license (required)
- Three to five years of aircraft maintenance and customer relations experience a plus
- Previous general aviation experience preferred
- Must have proven mechanical and technical aptitude
- Must have proven experience using a variety of hand and power tools
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to give technical advice, work with personnel from other departments, and advise supervision on matters affecting the assigned work
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Must have basic computer skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet