Line Service Shift SupervisorApply Job ID 41000 Date posted 06/04/2021
Responsible for leading and directing activities of Line Service Technicians engaged in providing requested services to general aviation aircraft, crew, and passengers. May perform the same or similar functions as those assigned to the workgroup.
- Delegate and assign duties to qualified personnel, monitor progress, and assess results.
- Greet, park, tow, move, and marshal aircraft arriving or departing ramp area.
- Provide lavatory and water service as requested.
- Fuel/de-ice aircraft as requested.
- Provide shuttle service for passengers/crew as required.
- Assist with customer service duties as required.
- Provide oil and oxygen service for aircraft as requested.
- Assist passengers and/or crew with baggage/cargo as needed.
- Assist with general cleaning and clearing of debris from ramp, building, and customer areas.
- Assist with wing-walking duties as required.
- Assist Supervisor with training new employees.
- Perform other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The following functions are performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust, or jet engine noise. Must have ability to:
- Regularly stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Read, write, and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Drive vehicles in areas congested with aircraft, moving and stationary vehicles and equipment requiring the ability to identify and distinguish colors, judge distance, and spatial relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, clients, management, and other employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds above the head.
- Apply concepts of basic math to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) plus six (6) months of related experience and/or training.
- Due to heavy interaction with our clients, candidates must possess strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills required.
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License.
- Must be tactful, courteous, and conscience of client needs.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions such as Snow, Sleet, Rain, and Hot/Cold Temperatures depending on geographical location.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet