GSE MechanicApply Job ID 41530 Date posted 07/15/2021
Responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines and mechanical systems.
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust, or jet engine noise.
- Inspect and maintain ground support equipment used in operations.
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or overhaul ground support equipment.
- Check and service ground support equipment with fuel, water, oil and hydraulic fluid.
- Diagnose problems using test equipment and applicable manuals.
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Completion of GSE paperwork as required.
- Others duties as assigned.
The following functions may be performed in variable weather and environmental conditions such as jet engine fumes, dust or jet engine noise. Must have ability to:
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Write routine business correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, supervisor and employees.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- High School diploma or GED plus one (1) year experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior GSE or heavy equipment experience preferred
- Must have your own tools
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
- Valid certification (ASE) preferred