General ManagerApply Job ID 40768 Date posted 05/17/2021
The General Manager oversees all aspects of the Fixed Base Operation (FBO) including customer relations, line operations, accounting, and health, safety and environmental functions. Plans, directs and coordinates activities for the sale and provision of general aviation support services such as fuel, hangar and office rental, and P&L responsibility for 1-2 base locations. Manages and directs activities of subordinate supervisors and employees at the location. Acts as company liaison in matters related to the airport community. The General Manager will promote a positive team environment to better serve our customers.
- Develop understanding of the market for the FBO including growth opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of competition to including selling points, product offerings and pricing.
- Remain locally competitive by managing in liaison with Revenue Management team
- Creates new opportunities by developing relationships with customers, and airport authorities.
- Establish a culture that promotes safety through daily observations, shift briefings, routine audits, maintenance of SHEBBA, monthly safety meetings, training and documented safety procedures. Formulate procedures for use in event of aircraft accidents, fires or other emergencies.
- Establish a culture that promotes customer loyalty by creating an environment of increased employee engagement
- Regularly interact with customers to promote the FBO and to measure the level of customer satisfaction. Use customer feedback to constantly develop and improve capabilities and processes.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are maintained based on daily/weekly/monthly volumes
- Develop new business plans with capital requirements and anticipated performance. Prepare the FBO budget with insight for the capability of and opportunities for the FBO.
- Responsible for financial management of base including capital expenditures, forecasting, budgeting, audit performance and expense management.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Perform leadership functions such as conducting annual reviews, making hiring decisions, and managing performance of direct reports which includes mentoring and skill development.
- Ensure employees receive company communications and necessary training including safety, customer service standards, Company values, etc.
- Ensure training and development of employees to improve work performance and maximize employee potential.
- Other duties as requested or assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Five (5) years or more management experience with three or more years of experience in aviation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Aviation Management or related field preferred.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the following core competencies:
- entrepreneurship, change leadership, negotiation and influence, business acumen, operational decision making, customer orientation, driving for results, managing and measuring work, interpersonal skills and superior ability to positively relate and communicate to customers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and web based applications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.